Tuesday 11 January 2011

FREE - DFS 230 glider



My regular reader will know I'm a big fan of free stuff, I down loaded a 15mm scale card model of the German DFS - 230 glider from the Flames of war web site quite some time ago, in fact so long ago that you didn't have to register at the time. If I remember correctly the was also an article about making one from solid balsa wood also on the site.

My WW2 15mm forces will include a German Parachute Sturmregiment, to be bought from Mr Pig at this years Alumwell WMMS show on 13th March, to help support the Italian in their ambitions in East Africa. I've based their organisation on the excellent Rapid Fire rules Maleme airfield pdf info sheet link.

I aim to do quite a bit of additional painting to the models once built, firstly to cover up the white lines on the model where you have to score the card to fold it, I also intent to make some of the six in varies states of crash landing and shot down.

3 comments:

Subedai said...

Looking forward to see what you do with the others.

Game Master Rob Adams said...

The base model is actually really nice

airhead said...

Hi Chaps, thanks for the comments, I agree with you ACG the base model is great, just a bit to clean and factory fresh for me. I'm aiming to dry brush some dust and dirt on the under sides, then base them on mini CD's and put them in landing situations, bent wings etc.

Subedai - looks like you might be heading for Wemblyyyy!!!!

All the best

Airhead